Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Let the Festivities Begin

(I meant to post this entry on June 1st but it got lost in the shuffle of a couple of hectic graduation party days.)

Happy first day of Low Impact Week!

Crunchy Chicken, the brains behind Low Impact Week, has all the details and a list of impact-lowering ideas here. Challenge yourself and your family to see how many of her ideas you can implement this week.

If you want to jump right in, here's something you can do in five minutes to lower your impact. Call 888-567-8688 and request that you no longer receive offers from credit card companies.

If you participate, be sure and leave Crunchy Chicken a comment; it would be nice to see if there is a critical mass of folks interested in creating more sustainable lifestyles. I think there is and I think it's going to be bloggers and internet users who change the world long before politicians ever get around to it.

For me, finding all these greenies on-line has made me feel as if change is more than possible - it's inevitable. And it has made me more hopeful for our lovely planet than I've felt in a long time.

No comments: