Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Darby Diaries - Equine WWF

We are having Indian summer in Ohio - perfect clear crisp days with temperatures in the 60s. Every morning, I look out my windows and this is what I see: the Equine World Wrestling Federation.
Photobucket
Gentlemen, take your corner. (It makes me laugh that they hold their games in the little arena instead of in their four acre pasture.)
Photobucket
Ding ding ding!
Photobucket
Rear up, bare your teeth, and look really ferocious but make sure no-one gets hurt.
Photobucket
The referee (Buckles) is forced to break it up before it gets out of hand.
Photobucket
Passage is the only way to express feeling this alive and manly. (Darby)
Photobucket
When the mornings are this lovely, you just gotta gallop. (Darby)

(I took these photos from inside the house. I tried on several mornings to go outside and take photos but the second they heard me coming they went to their stalls for breakfast.)

No comments: