Friday, March 23, 2007

What a day.

You know that time in the morning when you're still in bed, half awake, half asleep? That place in between two worlds? That's where I was when this song popped into my head. Not a song I knew; it was a new song for the world. That's the only way to put it because this song just appeared, unbidden, in my brain. I could hear the whole thing - the words and the orchestral arrangement. I was just awake enough to think, wow, I should write this down, so I did. The funny thing is, I'm not a song writer. I wasn't thinking about writing a song. I was, however, thinking a lot about and looking forward to writing here in my blog. Does writing beget writing? Does the act of writing open a creative faucet that flows in unexpected directions? Talk about a great way to start the day - I wasn't even out of bed and I had this amazing gift from the cosmos bestowed on me.

Then I took my super-cool, super-special niece, Carlena, out for lunch to celebrate the fact that she just last week finished her classes for her bachelor's degree in Education. If you knew her story, you wouldn't believe she made it through college (while raising two kids and dealing with drug-addicted family members). She is totally amazing. Everyone now, hats off to Carlena! And hugs and kisses to her, too. Queenie, you rock!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cory, Carlena, Pidd

And then to top off an already amazing day, This American Life, the TV version, premiered on Show Time and it was excellent. They kept their radio groove-funk (which I was worried wouldn't translate to television). But I was wrong. The groove-funk is all because of host Ira Glass; all is well.

This feels like a once-in-a-lifetime really cool day. Hope you all have one of those soon.

Watch out. Cory's got his eye on you.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: