Sunday, April 15, 2007

Road Trip

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Been gone to Pennslyvania to look at a college for Luke. I just wrote about adjusting to the thought of him driving; compound that with the fact that he'll be a senior next year and then leave me to go to college. I can't breathe when I think about it.

When they were little it seemed we had all the time in the world....

I wish you all knew Luke; if you did, you'd have renewed faith in the next generation.

When Luke goes off to college, it will be as if Logan is an only child. That makes me sad for Logan. Who's gonna teach a kid hard lessons better than a sibling?

Luke fell in love with the college we visited, the Robert E. Cook Honors College at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Luke was in geek heaven; he met a bunch of kids who think like him which is to say so brilliant it's freaky. I was impressed with the Honors College more than I was with the university overall.

The big downer is that it takes five hours to drive there. That means I won't be able to pop over for a music recital or a marching band performance or a play; it means I'll have to pick and choose one thing or another. With Logan still in school, I'll end up missing most of the things Luke will be in.

How do mothers survive this stuff? Is there a support group for Mothers Whose Firstborn Is Moving Away?

I think I need a hug...

No comments: